Thank you for visiting the website (the “Website”) of Oak Hill Advisors, L.P. and its affiliated investment advisors (collectively, “Oak Hill Advisors”, “OHA” or “we”). By downloading, accessing or using this Website, you signify your consent to the following terms and conditions of use, without limitation or qualification. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this Website.
Oak Hill Advisors may change this Policy from time to time, and any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting, unless Oak Hill Advisors indicates otherwise.
Collection and Disclosure of Information
The Website is not configured in a manner that requires you to provide us with Personal Information in order to obtain access to certain information or materials. Therefore, Oak Hill Advisors does not, in the ordinary course, obtain Personal Information about you via the Website.
However, when you enter and browse the Website, Oak Hill Advisors may collect information about your use of the Website and the devices you use. This may include, but is not limited to:
- how often you access the Website;
- the browser you use to access the Website;
- the websites you access before and after accessing the Website; and
- connection information, such as IP addresses.
Security of Information
In the event Oak Hill Advisors collects any Personal Information about you, it will take appropriate precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. Oak Hill Advisors maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law and regulation to guard your information. You should recognize, however, that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Correcting or Updating Personal Information
In the event Oak Hill Advisors collects any Personal Information about you and your Personal Information changes, OHA will correct, update, or remove any information you have previously provided to it upon your request. You may change your Personal Information at any time by sending Oak Hill Advisors an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Oak Hill Advisors may retain a copy of the prior information for its records.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation
Uses of Personal Information
If Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, Oak Hill Advisors may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- on the basis of its legitimate business interests in managing its business operations and information technology resources (for example, to enhance the Website functionality);
- on the basis of its legitimate interests in protecting Oak Hill Advisors, its employees, clients, trading partners and others; and
- to address legal requirements (including laws designed to protect the integrity of the financial sector).
Disclosures of Personal Information
In the event Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, Oak Hill Advisors may share your Personal Information:
- within the Oak Hill Advisors group;
- with other entities that assist Oak Hill Advisors in carrying out the processing described above, including professional advisors, technology providers (including third-party Website providers) and other service providers;
- with regulatory bodies and governmental authorities; and
- with agents, delegates, or related, associated or affiliated entities of the foregoing.
In the event Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, such Personal Information may be transferred from the European Union to countries which may not have equivalent data protection laws as the European Union. Where required, Oak Hill Advisors makes such transfers in compliance with the EU Data Protection Legislation, such as through the use of model contractual clauses (as published by the European Commission) or by relying on the recipient’s participation in the E.U.-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Retention of Personal Information
Rights and Choices
In the event Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, where the EU Data Protection Legislation applies, by law you have the right to:
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where Oak Hill Advisors is relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Oak Hill Advisors holds about you and to check that Oak Hill Advisors is processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that Oak Hill Advisors holds about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information Oak Hill Advisors holds about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Oak Hill Advisors to delete or remove Personal Information if Oak Hill Advisors does not need to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask Oak Hill Advisors to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see above).
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Oak Hill Advisors to suspend the processing of Personal Information about you, if, for example, you want Oak Hill Advisors to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to another party in a machine-readable, commonly used and structured format.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact Oak Hill Advisors using the contact details below. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications. For example, if you wish to object to processing, Oak Hill Advisors may need to discuss with you whether its use of your Personal Information needs to continue for other lawful purposes, such as fulfilment of a legal or contractual requirement.
Oak Hill Advisors will respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. In some cases Oak Hill Advisors may not be able to fulfil your request to exercise the right before this date, and may need to request more time. Where Oak Hill Advisors cannot provide a full response to you for any reason, Oak Hill Advisors will let you know about this in its initial reply to your request.
Where the EU Data Protection Legislation applies, you will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights described above). In some cases, Oak Hill Advisors may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, or if you request multiple copies of the information. Alternatively, Oak Hill Advisors may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Oak Hill Advisors may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Contacting Oak Hill Advisors
To exercise any rights under the EU Data Protection Legislation including to request further information on the mechanisms Oak Hill Advisors has put in place in relation to Personal Information transfers outside the European Union, to notify Oak Hill Advisors of your preferences, or to provide Oak Hill Advisors with complaints, concerns or questions, please contact Oak Hill Advisors at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with Oak Hill Advisors’ response to a complaint or believe its processing of your Personal Information does not comply with the EU Data Protection Legislation, you can make a complaint to the data protection authority in your home country (for example, for UK-based individuals, to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or 0303 123 1113).
The information, tools and material presented in this Website are provided to you for informational purposes only and are not intended to be, and should not be, used or considered as an offer, recommendation or a solicitation to sell, or an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or subscribe to any financial instruments, investment management services or advisory services.
This Website does not intend to provide investment, tax or legal advice. Oak Hill Advisors does not represent that the securities, financial instruments, products or services presented in this Website are suitable or appropriate for all investors. Decisions based on information contained in this Website are the sole responsibility of the user. Prior to the execution of any transaction involving information provided by this Website, the user should consult a business advisor, attorney, and/or tax and accounting advisors with respect to the price, suitability, value or other aspects of any stock, bond, mutual fund, security or other investment. Depending on the user’s specific investment objectives and financial position, the investments discussed in this Website may or may not be suitable. It is up to the user to weigh any decision carefully.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Website may contain links to sites owned and operated by other parties that are not affiliated with Oak Hill Advisors. Oak Hill Advisors is not responsible for and has no control over the privacy policies or content of those sites. Oak Hill Advisors encourages you to review the privacy policies of those sites prior to providing them with any information.
Ownership of Content
All text, images, graphics, sounds and software code (“Content”) on the Website are copyrighted property of Oak Hill Advisors, its affiliates or others. Content may only be used for the personal education of visitors to the Website and it may not be placed in the public domain. You may not reproduce, redistribute, publish or otherwise use by electronic or any other means any of the Content without the prior written consent of Oak Hill Advisors.
OAK HILL ADVISORS, OHA and other related marks indicated on the Website may not be used or displayed without the prior written consent of Oak Hill Advisors or its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks and company names and logos appearing on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
Disclosure for Users in Countries Outside of the United States and the United Kingdom
Oak Hill Advisors makes no representations or warranties that the Website is appropriate or available for use in countries outside of the United States or the United Kingdom. Visitors who choose to access the Website from outside of the United States or the United Kingdom do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws and regulations that may apply to such access.
Children Under 18
Children under 18 are not permitted to use our Website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Opinions and/or estimates on the Website reflect a judgment at the original date of publication by Oak Hill Advisors and are subject to change without notice. This Website is subject to periodic update and revision. Oak Hill Advisors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without any obligation and without any notice, to change, modify or delete the information, materials and descriptions on this Website and to suspend or deny access to it. Oak Hill Advisors may discontinue or change any product or services described on this Website at any time. Materials should only be considered current as of the date of initial publication, without regard to the date on which you may access the information.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Oak Hill Advisors expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Oak Hill Advisors does not warrant or represent that (i) the Website will meet your requirements, (ii) use of the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of this Website will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any information, services or other material obtained by you through this Website will meet your expectations, (v) the servers that make the Website available are free of viruses or other harmful components; or (vi) any errors in the Website will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this Website is downloaded or obtained at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or obtaining of any such material. You (and not Oak Hill Advisors or any of its affiliated companies or any of our or their respective licensors or suppliers) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through or from the Website or any of the services available on this Website shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Policy.
Limitation of Liability
This Policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity that arises out of or relates to any use of the Website will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in New York County and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
Thank you for visiting our Website. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our Website or this Policy.