Thank you for visiting the website (the “Website”) of Oak Hill Advisors, L.P. and its affiliated investment advisors (collectively, “Oak Hill Advisors”, “OHA” or “we”). By downloading, accessing or using this Website, you signify your consent to the following terms and conditions of use, without limitation or qualification. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this Website.
Oak Hill Advisors may change this Policy from time to time, and any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting, unless Oak Hill Advisors indicates otherwise.
Collection and Disclosure of Information
The Website is not configured in a manner that requires you to provide us with Personal Information in order to obtain access to certain information or materials. Therefore, Oak Hill Advisors does not, in the ordinary course, obtain Personal Information about you via the Website.
However, when you enter and browse the Website, Oak Hill Advisors may collect information about your use of the Website and the devices you use. This may include, but is not limited to:
- how often you access the Website;
- the browser you use to access the Website;
- the websites you access before and after accessing the Website; and
- connection information, such as IP addresses.
Security of Information
In the event Oak Hill Advisors collects any Personal Information about you, it will take appropriate precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. Oak Hill Advisors maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law and regulation to guard your information. You should recognize, however, that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Correcting or Updating Personal Information
In the event Oak Hill Advisors collects any Personal Information about you and your Personal Information changes, OHA will correct, update, or remove any information you have previously provided to it upon your request. You may change your Personal Information at any time by sending Oak Hill Advisors an e-mail at email@example.com. Oak Hill Advisors may retain a copy of the prior information for its records.
Uses of Personal Information
If Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, Oak Hill Advisors may use your Personal Information for some or all of the following purposes:
- on the basis of its legitimate business interests in managing its business operations and information technology resources (for example, to enhance the Website functionality);
- on the basis of its legitimate interests in protecting Oak Hill Advisors, its employees, clients, trading partners and others; and
- to address legal requirements (including laws designed to protect the integrity of the financial sector).
Disclosures of Personal Information
In the event Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, Oak Hill Advisors may share your Personal Information in some or all of the following ways:
- within the Oak Hill Advisors group;
- with other entities that assist Oak Hill Advisors in carrying out the processing described above, including professional advisors, technology providers (including third-party Website providers) and other service providers;
- with regulatory bodies and governmental authorities; and
- with agents, delegates, or related, associated or affiliated entities of the foregoing.
In the event Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, such Personal Information may be transferred from the European Union to countries which may not have equivalent data protection laws as the European Union. Where required, Oak Hill Advisors makes such transfers in compliance with the EU Data Protection Legislation, such as through the use of model contractual clauses (as published by the European Commission) or by relying on the recipient’s participation in the E.U.-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Retention of Personal Information
Rights and Choices
In the event Personal Information is collected through your use of this Website, where Applicable Privacy Laws apply, by law you may have the right to:
- In certain cases, object to Oak Hill Advisors’ processing of your Personal Information.
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Oak Hill Advisors holds about you as well as certain details about its processing to be able to check that Oak Hill Advisors is processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that Oak Hill Advisors holds about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information Oak Hill Advisors holds about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Oak Hill Advisors to delete or remove Personal Information if Oak Hill Advisors does not need to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask Oak Hill Advisors to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see above).
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Oak Hill Advisors to suspend the processing of Personal Information about you, if, for example, you want Oak Hill Advisors to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to another party in a machine-readable, commonly used and structured format.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact Oak Hill Advisors using the contact details below. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications. For example, if you wish to object to processing, Oak Hill Advisors may need to discuss with you whether its use of your Personal Information needs to continue for other lawful purposes, such as fulfilment of a legal or contractual requirement.
Oak Hill Advisors will respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. In some cases Oak Hill Advisors may not be able to fulfil your request to exercise the right before this date, and may need to request more time. Where Oak Hill Advisors cannot provide a full response to you for any reason, Oak Hill Advisors will let you know about this in its initial reply to your request.
Where these rights apply, you will not normally have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights described above). In some cases, Oak Hill Advisors may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, or if you request multiple copies of the information. Alternatively, Oak Hill Advisors may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Oak Hill Advisors may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Contacting Oak Hill Advisors
To exercise any rights under Applicable Privacy Laws including to request further information on the mechanisms Oak Hill Advisors has put in place in relation to Personal Information transfers outside the European Union, to notify Oak Hill Advisors of your preferences, or to provide Oak Hill Advisors with complaints, concerns or questions, please contact Oak Hill Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with Oak Hill Advisors’ response to a complaint or believe its processing of your Personal Information does not comply with the EU Data Protection Legislation, you can make a complaint to the data protection authority in your home country (for example, for UK-based individuals, to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or 0303 123 1113).